Sorry this post was late, The family and I were visiting my brother in South Carolina, and a 4 day vacation extended to 7! The good news is I have a lot of new inspiration for my blog, Stay tuned!!
This is my go-to beef and mac recipe for those busy nights, or when you have ground beef and just can’t think what to make with it! Be warned, it’s not the healthiest of recipes, but I can tell you it’s one of the tastiest!! It’s great for a crowd, or over a baked potato, if you just use the beef part of the recipe. For me, I like to scoop some on a tortilla chip! Feel free to add some hot sauce, if you would like some spice, anyway you make it, it’s going be delicious!
These are all the ingredients your going to need. Quick, simple and soon to be one of your go-to meals too!
- 3- Lbs, 80% ground beef, browned and drained
- 28-oz. can diced tomatoes ( I use the one with basil, garlic & oregano)
- 2- 10-3/4 oz. cans tomato soup, (I use Campbell’s)
- 2- tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1-12-oz. package American singles
- 1- Lb elbow, or any other small macaroni, cooked according to directions, drained, and 3-Tbls. butter added, set aside
Place ground beef into a large pot and cook until it is brown and no longer pink. Drain off excess fat. On medium heat, add the diced tomatoes, tomato soup and 1 cup of water. I put the water in the tomato soup cans to get out any bit left. Then add the Italian seasoning and stir, as the mixture is simmering add the cheese slices, they will melt perfectly as the sauce heats them up. Reduce to simmer and cook 10 minutes. Serve over your buttered pasta.
**Optional- complete your dish with shaved pecorino romano cheese and chopped fresh parsley. Serve with salad and some toasted crostini, if desired. Enjoy!